Families has received another fairly significant update – it now supports Apple iOS 4.0. Whether this includes full multi-tasking support, I’m not sure.
It also had an alternative synchronization option added via USB through iTunes. This is significant, since Families works directly with Legacy Family Tree software, which is Windows based. Families is an iPhone OS/iOS genealogy app from TelGen Limited that works with Legacy by syncing up with the data and allowing you to edit or add to the genealogy information while away from your PC. You can then rescync the changes with your Legacy Family Tree install. Prior to Families 1.0.2, you had to run a Windows application from TelGen to do the synchronization. I’m guessing that they’ve got it setup so that you can point to your Legacy Family Tree install from inside of iTunes.
* Added alternative sync option via USB/iTunes
* Added support for iOS4
* Fixed problems with image alignment when tapping arrow buttons in photo viewer rapidly
* Added support for additional Source types
* Fixed crash when adding text containing Scandinavian characters
* Fixed problem with search by RIN
* iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad w/iPhone OS 3.1 or iOS or later.
* Windows sync program available at www.telgen.co.uk/families
Families is available through the Families – TelGen Limited Apple’s App Store (iTunes) for $14.99