Ancestry 3.1 has been released for iOS Universal (iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch) by Ancestry.com. Ancestry is a free genealogy application related to Ancestry.com. It allows you to access your Ancestry.com genealogy data as well as use Ancestry.com on the go. Whether this is timed to coincide with tomorrow’s rumored launch of an iPad 3 or iPad HD is anybody’s guess.
Ancestry 3.1 is a significant upgrade though. Besides speed and stability improvements, there are now push notifications enabled when there are events on Ancestry.com that affect you – new historical records related to ancestors you’ve researched on Ancestry.com, etc. There is a hint feature built in, and now there is a Relationship Calculator built-in, handy for when you are showing somebody something and they ask how you (or they) are related to that person.
Improvements in Ancestry 3.1
* Push notifications – get updates when Ancestry.com finds new discoveries and historical records for your ancestors.
* List of people with hints – allows you to quickly find new information about people in your family tree.
* Relationship calculator – makes it easy to see exactly how you are related to anyone in your tree.
* Additional details added to photos – so you can easily preserve valuable information.
* Tree privacy settings – easily change privacy settings for each of your trees.
* Integrated user feedback and support – talk to us directly if you need help or would like to provide feedback.
* Other refinements – the Ancestry app is faster and more stable than ever.
* Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Swedish
* iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad
* iOS 4.0 or later
Download through App Store Update or through these links
* United States: Ancestry – Ancestry.com
* Canada: Ancestry – Ancestry.com
* United Kingdom: Ancestry – Ancestry.com
* Australia: Ancestry – Ancestry.com
* New Zealand: Ancestry – Ancestry.com
* Germany: Ancestry – Ancestry.com
* France: Ancestry – Ancestry.com
* Sweden: Ancestry – Ancestry.com
* Italy: Ancestry – Ancestry.com