The Who Do You Think You Are Magazine (behind the popular genealogy TV series/documentary) is running a huge sale on back issues of the magazine through the iPad/iPhone/iPod touch Newsstand app for $0.99:
Who Do You Think You Are? – Immediate Media Company Limited – Apple iTunes Store
This is a huge sale – single issues normally sell for £4.99 / €5.49 / $6.99, with normal subscriptions costing £3.99 / €4.99 / $5.99 per month, or with a 1 year subscription, £44.99 / €49.99 / $64.99.
I believe the back issues stretch all the way back to April of 2012, at least going by what I see in Newsstand.
There is a also a free 1 month subscription trial, which includes the latest issue. The app itself is free.
September’s issue includes 128 pages, such as:
– 10 best family tree builders
– Getting started guide (28 pages)
– Reader story: “When Kate Mears inherited an 18th-century seaman’s chest, little did she know that it held more than 500 years of personal family history”
– Eureka moment: “In the first of a new series, find out how the scribblings of a child in a Bible helped to solve a family mystery”
– Industrial schools
– Plus… the best websites for tracking down poor law records; how to get the most out of The National Archives; understanding Naval next-of-kin claims; an insight into hop-picking in Kent and much more…