Ancestry 3.0.1 for iOS devices has been released.
This is a major update to Ancestry.com’s iOS software.
Among other new features, there is a “Shaky Leaves” feature to help with “brick walls” that you may encounter. There are also several other improvements, and in-app purchases of Ancestry.com services is now supported.
Ancestry is genealogy software – it does allow you to build new family trees, but it’s focus is on interacting with family trees you’ve built through Ancestry.com. You can add and edit individuals, events, add documents, and upload photos. It is free, but as I said, the main focus is working with Ancestry.com which can require subscription fees.
* Shaky Leaves – a new feature to assist you in finding new discoveries.
* Simple merge tool to quickly add relatives/information to your family tree
* In-app purchase option with special introductory pricing for Ancestry.com services
* Automatically adds information to photos
* Allows you to change you family tree privacy settings
* Adds in integrated user feedback and support feature
* Stability improvements
* iPhone, iPod touch, iPad
* iOS 4.0 or later
Download for free:
* iPhone and iPod touch Link: Ancestry – Ancestry.com – App Store
* iPad Link: Ancestry – Ancestry.com – App Store