Wolfram Genealogy & History Research Assistant has been updated to version 1.0.2
Wolfram Genealogy & History Research Assistant is exactly what the name implies – a research tool for genealogists and historians, and it’s a Universal app – it works on iPhones, iPod touches, and iPads running iOS 4.0 or later.
* Events that occurred while your ancestors were alive
* How common were surnames of your ancestors
* Weather history
* Demographics of towns and areas they lived in.
* Financial/economic information
It claims to assist you in mapping family relations – I’ll be exploring that feature at some point in the near future. It’s based on the Wolfram|Alpha computational knowledge engine, which is one of the information engines that powers Siri, in the iPhone 4s.
In the version 1.0.2 update, there are some minor bug fixes.
In-app recommendations have also been added.
* iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad.
* iOS 4.0 or later.
It’s $4.99 and available from the Apple App Store:
* Wolfram Genealogy & History Research Assistant – iPhone/iPod touch
* Wolfram Genealogy & History Research Assistant – iPad