Apple has released updates for it’s mobile operating system, iOS (formally known as iPhone OS), bring it up to iOS 4.1. If you are an iPhone 3G owner and had upgraded to iOS 4, it’s highly recommended you update to 4.1, as the performance is improved. There are other additions and fixes, listed below.
Apple has also updated it’s mobile iOS version of iMovie, to iMovie 1.1, adding compatibility for newer devices, as well as improving and fixing other areas. Both of these updates are available through iTunes.
Changes/additions/updates in iOS 4.1:
* Game Center (see link below for explanation)
* High dynamic range (HDR) photos on iPhone 4
* Support for TV show rentals on iTunes
* Ability to upload HD videos to YouTube and MobileMe over Wi-Fi on iPhone 4
* Additional support for AVRCP-supported accessories, including next & previous track control
* FaceTime calling directly from Favorites
* iPhone 4 proximity sensor performance
* iPhone 3G performance
* Nike+iPod fixes
* Bluetooth improvements
• iPhone 4
• iPhone 3GS
• iPhone 3G
• iPod touch 2nd generation, or later
• Addition requirements for Game Center (see link below)
iMovie 1.1 Updates:
* Compatible with iPod touch (4th generation).
* Ability to split video clips.
* Automatic music looping when video extends beyond music track.
* Scrub to preview clips in Video Browser.
* In-app Tips page that illustrates how to use key features.
* Updated Photos Browser with newest images at top.
* Mute badge to indicate video clips with audio disabled.
* Additional performance and reliability improvements.
Full Story: Support.Apple.com