It’s been about a week and a half since Ancestry 3.1 for iOS was released as well as Apple’s new iPad with it’s high resolution (2048×1536 pixels) touchscreen display and as of earlier today, the Ancestry.com iOS genealogy app/front-end now supports the new iPad with Ancestry 3.1.2.
There was an Ancestry 3.1.1 release, but I think it was just a bug-fix/update of 3.1, as it did not list any 3.1.1-specific notes.
What else is in Ancestry 3.1.2? Nothing. Even though it’s available for all supported iOS devices, this is the only change:
“Support for Retina display on new iPad, allowing access to higher resolution historical documents.”
I’m not sure what it will be like to look at “historical documents” in a resolution of 2048×1536 on a 10-inch display, but it should make it easier and clearer when zooming in.
* Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Swedish
* iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad
* iOS 4.0 or later
Download through App Store Update or through these links
* United States: Ancestry – Ancestry.com
* Canada: Ancestry – Ancestry.com
* United Kingdom: Ancestry – Ancestry.com
* Australia: Ancestry – Ancestry.com
* New Zealand: Ancestry – Ancestry.com
* Germany: Ancestry – Ancestry.com
* France: Ancestry – Ancestry.com
* Sweden: Ancestry – Ancestry.com
* Italy: Ancestry – Ancestry.com
If this was not the first genealogy-related app to take advantage of the new iPad display, let us know!