Google’s free Google Earth for both iOS (iPad, iPhone, iPod touch) and Android devices has been updated to Google Earth 6.2.0 and it’s a major update. I know a lot of genealogists use it as a supplement (or even replacement in some cases) to Google Maps.
The Android update was released last week, the iOS version this week, and both are very similar when it comes to the updated and new features (and fixes).
Google Earth 6.2.0 for Android
* Earth Gallery: Explore a curated list of layers, such as real time flights, earthquake, and city tours.
* Touring: load tours from the Gallery or inside balloons.
* Share your current view through Google+ or other social applications.
* New Zoom around and pinch gesture.
* Stability and performance improvements